Catholic Schools Office
1626 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806
Thank you for expressing interest in serving as a teacher in the Catholic Diocese of Wilmington schools. An application for employment is attached and can be downloaded for your use. The completed application needs to be mailed to the Catholic Schools Office at the above address.
Please request that your official transcript(s) be forwarded to this office. If you are registered with a college placement office, please have your placement file sent to us as well.
To complete the application process and be considered for employment as a teacher, you must:
- Submit three letters of recommendation (one from your most recent employer or from a supervising professor) and written documentation of all prior educational experiences with the application.
- If you do not have a current Delaware or Maryland teaching certificate, request an application from either state. The appropriate addresses are:
- Delaware Department of Education
Townsend Building, P.O. Box 1402
Dover, DE 19903
- Maryland State Department of Education
Division of Certification
200 West Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
- Proof of a criminal background check. Forms may be obtained from the Delaware State Police, Bureau of Identification (302) 739.5901 or the Maryland State Police (410) 764.4501. Applicants are responsible for the cost of the criminal background check.
Your file will be shared with the principals who indicate a desire to employ someone in the position(s) for which you have expressed interest. Your application and supporting papers will be kept of file in this office for two years from the date of application. Written notification to the Schools Office will be needed to keep a file active at the end of the two year period.
Thank you again for your interest in Catholic Schools of the Diocese of Wilmington. We look forward to receiving your application materials.