Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- The Season of Lent
- Save transportation stipends for Catholic school families.
- ‘Open Your Heart to Christ’ in Annual Catholic Appeal
- Son of God now showing at a theater near you.
- Author, Patricia Treece, discusses her book, “Nothing Short of a Miracle” on the March 9th edition of Catholic Forum.
- Free online memorials now available to Catholic Cemetery families.
- Join the Maryland March for Life on March 10th in Annapolis.
- Next BIC program to be held in Milford on April 5th; register by March 24th.
- Are you being called to the Priesthood? Come And Seek on March 27th
- Weather-Related School Closings
The Season of Lent
In his Lenten message for 2014, Pope Francis takes inspiration from the words of St. Paul (Cor 8:9), and asks us to contemplate Paul’s invitation to live “a life of evangelical poverty.” Click here for Lenten resources from the USCCB. Click here for the AmericanCatholic.org Lent feature. Click here for Salesian reflections on the Sunday readings. Experience a Lenten Radio Retreat, click here. Click here to see Bishop Malooly’s homily recorded on Ash Wednesday, March 5, 2014 […]
Save transportation stipends for Catholic school families.
Each year, parents who send their children to Catholic schools in Delaware save the state an estimated $150 million while supporting Delaware’s public schools with their taxes. In return, the state gives these families a stipend to reimburse them for a small percentage of their transportation costs. Now, that stipend is in danger of elimination. Tell the governor and your representatives in the Delaware General Assembly that families who sacrifice to send their children to Catholic schools deserve to keep […]
‘Open Your Heart to Christ’ in Annual Catholic Appeal
“Each year at this time I ask your support for the many programs and ministries that we provide for people throughout our diocese. Each year you respond generously. Your enthusiasm and commitment to helping to continue Our Lord’s work are enormously gratifying to me.” ~Most Rev. W. Francis Malooly, Bishop of the Diocese of Wilmington Click here to learn about the 2014 Annual Catholic Appeal.
Son of God now showing at a theater near you.
The new movie Son of God is now showing in theaters nationwide. This feature length film tells the story of Jesus from his birth to his Resurrection in a compelling and inviting presentation. The movie is derived from the History Channel miniseries The Bible which was viewed by an estimated 100 million people last year. It is hoped that Son of God might touch peoples’ minds and hearts with the story of Jesus and bring alive the Gospel in a way that […]
CRS Rice Bowl
Learn how Catholic Relief Services’ Rice Bowl program can help you live Lent. There’s even a new mobile app to help! Click here to learn more.