Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- Do you think you may have a calling to the priesthood? Come And Seek in Salisbury on July 25th
- “Catholic Forum” releases upcoming program topics and guests
- Before you head to the beach, check out the Vacation Mass Guide.
- National NFP Awareness week begins on July 24
- World Youth Day July 26-31 in Krakow
- Help our Cathedral on August 20 & 21
- Hear an interview with local writer, Michele Chynoweth, author of the new novel, “The Runaway Prophet,” on the July 31st edition of Catholic Forum.
- Two delegations from the Diocese of Wilmington are visiting our sister Diocese of San Marcos this summer.
- En Camino Hacia El V Encuentro Nacional de Pastoral Hispana/Latina On the road to the V National Encuentro of Hispanic/Latino Ministry
- Together in the Spirit: A Pastoral Vision by Bishop Malooly
Before you head to the beach, check out the Vacation Mass Guide.
The Catholic Diocese of Wilmington is blessed to have, within its borders, a number of wonderful vacation and resort areas. Whether you are enjoying the history and natural beauty of the towns and villages along the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay, or the family fun of a Delaware or Maryland Atlantic Ocean resort vacation; you’ll find a Catholic community nearby ready to welcome you with open arms. We invite you to come and worship with us!
National NFP Awareness week begins on July 24
National NFP Awareness Week is from July 24 through July 30, 2016. This year’s theme is Love, Mercy, Life: Natural Family Planning, Opening the Heart of Marriage. Learn about the benefits of NFP.
World Youth Day July 26-31 in Krakow
More than 40,000 Americans are registered to attend World Youth Day (WYD), July 26-31, in Krakow, Poland. To assist this record breaking number of participants from the United States, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops’ (USCCB) Secretariat of Laity, Marriage, Family Life and Youth has lined up a series of resources and a variety of digital platforms to engage youth and young adults at home and abroad.
Help our Cathedral on August 20 & 21
The Cathedral of Saint Peter is the Seat of the Diocese of Wilmington and the Bishop’s own church. This beautiful and historic church is celebrating its 200th anniversary this year, and is in need of our help. The weekend of August 22 & 21, a special collection for the maintenance and preservation of the Cathedral of Saint Peter will be taken up in all parishes in our diocese. Please be as generous as you can. Fr. Leonard Klein, Administrator of the […]
Together in the Spirit: A Pastoral Vision by Bishop Malooly
“I am optimistic for the future of our Diocese and have great hope that some of the changes that I have outlined will make us stronger, more united, and more sound in our pastoral operations. Let us patiently allow God’s wondrous love for us to empower our Church with the peace that is beyond all understanding, the peace only Christ can give, the remarkable peace that the whole world knew on that first Pentecost day.”
Catholics Care. Catholics Vote.
The Catholic bishops of the United States are pleased to offer once again to the Catholic faithful Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship, their teaching document on the political responsibility of Catholics. This statement represents guidance for Catholics in the exercise of their rights and duties as participants in our democracy. We urge our pastors, lay and religious faithful, and all people of good will to use this statement to help form their consciences; to teach those entrusted to their care; to […]