Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- New date and new format for Maryland Catholic Lobby Night in Annapolis on Feb. 9
- Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, February 10
- National Marriage Week is February 7-14
- Catholic Marylanders: Don’t miss Lobby Night in Annapolis on February 9
- Support the Black and Indian Missions and Home Missions. Special collection February 13 & 14
- Be Merciful Like the Father during this Year of Mercy
- Weather-Related School Closings
- Rev. Chris Posch, OFM and Rev. Emerson Rodriguez, OFM will discuss Hispanic Ministry in the Diocese of Wilmington on the Feb. 14th edition of Catholic Forum.
- Do you think you may have a calling to the priesthood? Come And Seek on Feb. 17th in Easton or Feb. 18th in Wilmington
- Catholic Charities to honor Ellen Kullman at Annual Tribute Dinner
Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, February 10
During Lent, the Church asks us to surrender ourselves to prayer and to the reading of Scripture, to fasting and to giving alms. This Lent, you are encouraged to raise up the needs of the world in prayer, to sacrifice by giving up food and material wants, and to offer your time, talent and treasure as good stewards of the gifts God has given you. In observance of the Year of Mercy, parishes will add additional times for confessing during […]
National Marriage Week is February 7-14
National Marriage Week (Feb. 7-14) and World Marriage Sunday/Valentine’s Day (Sunday, Feb. 14) provide an opportunity to celebrate the gift and blessing of marriage and to affirm and support engaged and married couples. The USCCB Committee on Laity, Marriage, Family Life and Youth offers resources to bishops, priests, deacons, married couples, and lay men and women to help celebrate and live the great gift of married life.
Catholic Marylanders: Don’t miss Lobby Night in Annapolis on February 9
3-8 p.m. St. John Neumann Mission Church, Annapolis, Maryland. Lobby Night is an opportunity for Maryland constituents to meet with their State legislators and share the Catholic viewpoint on issues before the General Assembly. Whether you’re new to the Maryland Catholic Conference’s annual Lobby Night, or an old pro, we are excited to share with you the new format we’re introducing this year!
Support the Black and Indian Missions and Home Missions. Special collection February 13 & 14
The Black and Indian Mission Collection exists to help local African American and Native American communities throughout the United States spread the Good News of Jesus Christ and respond to real and pressing needs on the ground. Click here for details. The Church has great needs around the world, and the United States is no exception. Many dioceses here at home face challenges due to priest shortages, lack of funds, remote geography, or impoverished parishes. The Catholic Home Missions Appeal […]
Be Merciful Like the Father during this Year of Mercy
“It is indeed my wish that the Jubilee be a living experience of the closeness of the Father, whose tenderness is almost tangible, so that the faith of every believer may be strengthened and thus testimony to it be ever more effective… I wish that the Jubilee Indulgence may reach each one as a genuine experience of God’s mercy, which comes to meet each person in the Face of the Father who welcomes and forgives, forgetting completely the sin committed.” […]