Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- Partcipate in this year’s Fortnight for Freedom from June 21 – July 4
- Native American music concert to be held on July 9 in Bear, De.
- Learn about Hispanic ministry in the Cambridge, Maryland area on the June 26th edition of Catholic Forum.
- It’s time to “Stock the Pantry” at Catholic Charities
- Christ Our King to close in the fall
- Catholic Charities receives grant from Walmart Foundation
- Diocese of Wilmington releases a video about the life of Eastern Shore native, Father Paul Wattson
- Independent audit finds Diocese of Wilmington in compliance with Charter.
- Driver’s Education and School Nurse Funding in Jeopardy! E-mail your Delaware legislators today!
- Together in the Spirit: A Pastoral Vision by Bishop Malooly
Partcipate in this year’s Fortnight for Freedom from June 21 – July 4
The Fortnight for Freedom: Witnesses to Freedom will take place from June 21 to July 4, 2016, a time when our liturgical calendar celebrates a series of great martyrs who remained faithful in the face of persecution by political power—St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher, St. John the Baptist, SS. Peter and Paul, and the First Martyrs of the Church of Rome. Bishop Malooly will celebrate a special Mass on Monday, July 4, 2016 at the Cathedral of Saint […]
Driver’s Education and School Nurse Funding in Jeopardy! E-mail your Delaware legislators today!
The General Assembly’s Joint Finance Committee is grappling with a substantial budget shortfall. At times like these, budget-writing legislators turn their attention toward cutting funding to even the most essential programs. We need your help to ensure that driver’s education funding and the State subsidy for school nurses in our schools remains intact!
Together in the Spirit: A Pastoral Vision by Bishop Malooly
“I am optimistic for the future of our Diocese and have great hope that some of the changes that I have outlined will make us stronger, more united, and more sound in our pastoral operations. Let us patiently allow God’s wondrous love for us to empower our Church with the peace that is beyond all understanding, the peace only Christ can give, the remarkable peace that the whole world knew on that first Pentecost day.”
Be Merciful Like the Father during this Year of Mercy
“It is indeed my wish that the Jubilee be a living experience of the closeness of the Father, whose tenderness is almost tangible, so that the faith of every believer may be strengthened and thus testimony to it be ever more effective… I wish that the Jubilee Indulgence may reach each one as a genuine experience of God’s mercy, which comes to meet each person in the Face of the Father who welcomes and forgives, forgetting completely the sin committed.” […]
Before you head to the beach, check out the Vacation Mass Guide.
The Catholic Diocese of Wilmington is blessed to have, within its borders, a number of wonderful vacation and resort areas. Whether you are enjoying the history and natural beauty of the towns and villages along the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay, or the family fun of a Delaware or Maryland Atlantic Ocean resort vacation; you’ll find a Catholic community nearby ready to welcome you with open arms. We invite you to come and worship with us!