Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- Catholic Charities will provide free shoes to children in need through PAYLESS GIVES™ SHOES 4 KIDS Holiday Giving Program
- Weather-Related School Closings
- Hear an interview with John Angotti and sample music from his CD “Welcome Home for Christmas” on the Dec. 15th edition of Catholic Forum.
- Pope Francis and Bishop Malooly invite you to participate in an important survey.
- Our Lady of Guadalupe events announced.
- Welcome to the second week of Advent.
- Christmas Decorations
- Full Time Mental Health Support Staff
- See Bishop Malooly’s homily recorded at the final Year of Faith Call to Prayer Holy Hour
- Help Warm Up Winter for the needy
Welcome to the second week of Advent.
Beginning the Church’s liturgical year, Advent (from, “ad-venire” in Latin or “to come to”) is the season encompassing the four Sundays (and weekdays) leading up to the celebration of Christmas. The USCCB has many Advent resources, including an interactive Advent calendar, downloadable family Advent calendar, information about Advent wreathes, blessings for wreathes and Christmas trees and more. Click here for the USCCB’s Advent web page. AmericanCatholic.org’s Advent web page features Advent e-cards, Advent activities for families, videos, reflections and more. Visit AmericanCatholic.org here. […]
See Bishop Malooly’s homily recorded at the final Year of Faith Call to Prayer Holy Hour
Bishop Francis Malooly concluded the Year of Faith with the final Call to Prayer Eucharistic Holy Hour for Life, Marriage and Religious Liberty on Sunday, November 24, 2013 at 4:00 p.m. at The Church of the Holy Child in Wilmington, Delaware. Click here to view the Bishop’s homily. Click here to read the text from The Dialog Some other Holy Hour homilies have been recorded and are available on the Diocese of Wilmington’s YouTube channel: To see part one of Bishop Malooly’s […]
Help Warm Up Winter for the needy
As temperatures start to decline, Catholic Charities is helping our most vulnerable neighbors by collecting new and “gently used” blankets and other bedding, coats, hats, and gloves at each of its office locations through January during our “Warm Up Winter” campaign. Richelle Vible, Executive Director, asks people to be generous. “Please share God’s love during this holiday season with those who seek life’s basic necessities, like warm bedding and clothing. With your support, Catholic Charities will continue working to meet […]