Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- Heading to the beach for Labor Day Weekend? Check out the Vacation Mass Guide.
- Bishop to celebrate 13th Annual Mass of Remembrance at Gate of Heaven in Dagsboro
- Pray for unborn children and for the end of abortion on September 12
- Celebrate Catechetical Sunday on September 20
- Celebrate back-to-school when Dr. Lou De Angelo, Superintendent of Schools for the Diocese of Wilmington is the guest on the Sept. 6th edition of Catholic Forum.
- Delaware and Maryland Eastern Shore Catholic churches to hold diocese-wide prayer service for Pope Francis on Sept. 21st
- Vatican Releases Schedule of Pope Francis’ Visit to America Sept. 22nd-27th
- Do you think you may have a calling to the priesthood? Come And Seek on Sept. 30th in Wilmington.
- Register for the Catholic High School Placement Test before Nov. 20th
- Ten-thousand Catholic school students to head back to school
Heading to the beach for Labor Day Weekend? Check out the Vacation Mass Guide.
The Catholic Diocese of Wilmington is blessed to have, within its borders, a number of wonderful vacation and resort areas. Whether you are enjoying the history and natural beauty of the towns and villages along the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay, or the family fun of a Delaware or Maryland Atlantic Ocean resort vacation; you’ll find a Catholic community nearby ready to welcome you with open arms. We invite you to come and worship with us!
Pray for unborn children and for the end of abortion on September 12
On Saturday September 12, 2015 at 9 a.m., Delaware Right to Life and other pro-life groups from the Diocese of Wilmington, will gather at the grave of the unborn aborted babies that is located in Cathedral Cemetery . The cemetery is located at 2400 Lancaster Avenue in Wilmington, Delaware. Attendants will be on duty to direct you and assist with parking. The interdenominational prayer service will be conducted by Rev. Msgr. Joseph F. Rebman, Director of Catholic Cemeteries of the Diocese of […]
Celebrate Catechetical Sunday on September 20
This year, the Church will celebrate Catechetical Sunday on September 20, 2015, and will focus on the theme “Safeguarding the Dignity of Every Human Person.”
Holy Hour for success of Pope Francis visit to U.S. to be held on September 21
A special Holy Hour will take place in all parishes in Delaware and Maryland’s Eastern Shore on Monday, September 21st from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. At this prayer service, held on the eve of Pope Francis’ arrival in the United States, we will pray for the success of the pope’s visit. Bring your family as we join together as a diocese to spiritually prepare for Pope Francis’ arrival. An Invitation from Bishop Malooly. Dear Friends in Christ, As Pope Francis’ visit to […]
World Meeting of Families Congress and Papal Visit September 22-27
“The family which experiences the joy of faith communicates it naturally. That family is the salt of the earth and the light of the world; it is the leaven of society.” Pope Francis, October 27, 2013 We are excited to countdown to the World Meeting of Families – Philadelphia 2015 – We hope you will be there!
Get ready for the Papal Visit 2015
“The presence of Pope Francis at the World Meeting of Families in our country will be a joyful moment for millions of Catholics and people of good will.” ~Archbishop Joseph Kurtz Get more information from the USCCB about Pope Francis’s historic visit to the United States here.