Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- Catechetical Sunday: September 21st
- Sustaining Hope for the Future helps parish projects.
- You are invited to the Diocesan Marian Pilgrimage on September 27th
- October is Respect Life Month
- Parents: Are you considering a Catholic High School for your child? High School Open Houses begin October 19th
- Catholic High School Placement Test Information
- Learn how you can Share in the Spirit and help Catholic school families on the Sept. 21st edition of Catholic Forum.
- Registeration for Building Intercultural Connections Part 2 (BIC2) extended.
- Ten-thousand Catholic school students to head back to school
- Share in the Spirit on Sept. 27/28
Catechetical Sunday: September 21st
This year, the Church will celebrate Catechetical Sunday on September 21, 2014, and will focus on the theme “Teaching About God’s Gift of Forgiveness.” Those whom the community has designated to serve as catechists will be called forth to be commissioned for their ministry. Click here for more information.
Sustaining Hope for the Future helps parish projects.
When St. Mary of the Assumption Church was built in Hockessin in 1964, parishioners had hoped for stained glass windows but finances dictated regular glass instead. Fifty years later parishioners will get a second chance at that original church vision. Read more from The Dialog.
You are invited to the Diocesan Marian Pilgrimage on September 27th
The Diocese of Wilmington will hold its annual Marian Pilgrimage at the Shrine of Our Lady Queen of Peace at Holy Spirit Church, 12 Winder Road, New Castle, Delaware. The event, held every year to honor the Blessed Virgin Mary, will take place on Saturday, September 27, 2014. All parishioners from parishes in the state of Delaware and Maryland’s Eastern Shore are invited to attend. The pilgrimage activities will begin at 1:00 pm in the church. There will be Exposition of […]
October is Respect Life Month
Each of Us is a Masterpiece of God’s Creation! The Respect Life Program begins anew each year on Respect Life Sunday, the first Sunday in October. The program is highlighted in liturgies and marked by special events. The USCCB Secretariat of Pro-Life Activities publishes a program packet each year to call attention to numerous human life issues. These materials are especially helpful for priests, parish groups, schools, and other organizations.
Register Now: Diocesan Women’s Conference to be held on November 1st
Don’t miss the Diocese of Wilmington Women’s Conference Saturday, November 1, 2014 Conference Speaker: Johnnette Benkovic, President and Founder of Women of Grace© Johnnette Benkovic travels internationally as a popular conference speaker, published author, retreat director, and seminar presenter. She is the author of several books and developed the internationally recognized Women of Grace® Foundational Study Series which has transformed thousands of women worldwide through the healing love of Jesus Christ. Women of Grace® is a Catholic apostolate which began […]