Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- Catholic Charities to honor Rocco and Mary Abessinio at Annual Tribute Dinner in April
- Do you think you may have a calling to the priesthood? Come And Seek on Jan. 28th or Feb. 11
- Celebrate Catholic Schools!
- More than $4.7 million pledged to Annual Catholic Appeal
- Gary Zimak, author of the new book “From Fear to Faith” will be the guest on the Feb. 1st edition ofCatholic Forum.
- Help Warm Up Winter for the needy
- Solemn Evening Prayer to observe the World Day of Prayer for Consecrated Life to be held on Feb. 2nd
- Next BIC program to be held in Claymont on March 7th register by Feb. 24th. Second session to be held in May in Georgetown.
- January is Poverty Awareness Month.
- Maryland Catholics are invited to Lobby Night in Annapolis on February 16th.
Celebrate Catholic Schools!
National Catholic Schools Week is the annual celebration of Catholic education in the United States. It starts the last Sunday in January and runs all week, which in 2015 is January 25 – 31. The theme for the National Catholic Schools Week 2015 is “Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service.” Visit a Catholic School in your area. Click here for a listing of Catholic Schools Week Open Houses. Learn more about the Catholic Schools of the Diocese of […]
More than $4.7 million pledged to Annual Catholic Appeal
Delaware and Maryland Eastern Shore Catholics opened their hearts and pledged more than $4.7 million to the 2014 Annual Catholic Appeal to support the work of diocesan ministries and offices in Delaware and on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, surpassing last year’s target by almost $382,000. Read more in The Dialog.
Help Warm Up Winter for the needy
As temperatures start to decline, Catholic Charities is helping our most vulnerable neighbors by collecting new and “gently used” blankets and other bedding, coats, hats, and gloves at each of its office locations through January during our “Warm Up Winter” campaign. Richelle Vible, Executive Director, asks people to be generous. “Please share God’s love during this holiday season with those who seek life’s basic necessities, like warm bedding and clothing. With your support, Catholic Charities will continue working to meet […]
Solemn Evening Prayer to observe the World Day of Prayer for Consecrated Life to be held on Feb. 2nd
You are invited to join the Most Rev. W. Francis Malooly, DD, Bishop of Wilmington, for Solemn Evening Prayer to observe the World Day of Prayer for Consecrated Life on Monday, February 2, 2015 at St. Joseph on the Brandywine Church beginning at 6:30 p.m.
January is Poverty Awareness Month.
During Poverty Awareness Month, join the U.S. Bishops, the Catholic Campaign for Human Development and the Catholic Community in the United States in taking up Pope Francis’ challenge to live in solidarity with the poor!
Maryland Catholics are invited to Lobby Night in Annapolis on February 16th.
Lobby Night is an advocacy event that gives Maryland Catholic voters the opportunity to speak in person with their elected officials about issues. Tell legislators that we all have a duty to serve the poor and vulnerable, build up the common good and respect human life and dignity. Visit the Maryland Catholic Conference Lobby Night website for more information.