Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- $1 million in matching funds available to Catholic Charities from the Abessinio Family Foundation and its ‘St. Rocco Fund for Catholic Charities.’
- Do you think you may have a calling to the priesthood? Come And Seek on April 22nd in Wilmington or May 27th in Easton.
- World Day of Prayer for Vocations is April 26th. Read Pope Francis’ message.
- Meet the students who wrote the winning essays in this year’s K of C Vocations Essay Contest and hear them present their essays on the April 26th edition of Catholic Forum.
- Rev. Oscar H. Frundt, Diocesan Priest and long-time Delaware State Police Chaplain, has died at the age of 87.
- DSP Chaplain, Father Frundt to be recognized at the Diocesan Blue Mass on May 1st.
- Learn how to serve a diverse Church at Building Intercultural Connections (B.I.C.) on May 16th.
- Find healing from the pain of abortion at the Rachel’s Vineyard Retreat on June 5th.
- HE IS RISEN! Easter Blessings.
- April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month.
HE IS RISEN! Easter Blessings.
Click here for Bishop Malooly’s Easter Message. What Is Easter? Easter Time is the most important of all liturgical times. Easter is the celebration of the Lord’s Resurrection from the dead, culminating in his Ascension to the Father and sending of the Holy Spirit upon the Church. There are 50 days of Easter from the first Sunday of Easter to Pentecost. It is characterized, above all, by the joy of glorified life and the victory over death, expressed most fully […]
April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month.
The Diocese of Wilmington has policies, procedures and codes of conduct adults must follow to create a safe environment and protect children. Read the policies and learn how you can help create a culture of protection; learn red flag behaviors and how to report your concerns to authorities. Click here for the Diocese of Wilmington’s For the Sake of God’s Children page. Questions call: Coordinator for Safe Environments 302-295-0668. Learn more from the USCCB, click here.
Promote Life: Repeal Delaware’s Death Penalty.
In a recent letter to Members of the Delaware Legislature, Bishop Francis Malooly urged the passage of a bill to repeal the death penalty in the State. The letter stated, “Many crimes are so heinous they seem to cry out for the ultimate punishment of death. However, life, every life, is a gift from God, and God alone is ‘the master of both life and death.’” The Bishop added, “The belief that life is precious, every life, and that life […]
Save transportation stipends for Catholic school families.
The Delaware General Assembly is back in session and we need your help to save the minimal stipend that help Delaware’s Catholic School families. Won’t you please take a minute to send an email to your representatives and the Governor and urge them to keep the transportation stipend? Even if you sent an email to your representative in the past, we are asking you to do it again.