Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- Annual Catholic Appeal Commitment Weekend is April 29-30
- Easter is a season, not just a day!
- April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month.
- May 7th is World Day of Prayer for vocations
- Msgr. Peter Vaghi, author of the new book, “Meeting God in the Upper Room,” will be the guest on the April 30, 2017 edition of Catholic Forum
- In his encyclical Laudato Si, Pope Francis reminds us to care for the earth…our common home.
- Do you think you may have a calling to the priesthood? Come And Seek on May 17th in Hockessin or May 24th in Salisbury
- Help the retired priests of the Diocese of Wilmington on May 21st
- Read Bishop Malooly’s response to a recent Delaware Voice in the News Journal in its entirety
- Sainthood cause for Eastern Shore native, Fr. Paul Wattson, sent to Rome.
Annual Catholic Appeal Commitment Weekend is April 29-30
“Their Eyes Were Opened and They Recognized Him” (Luke 24:31), the theme for this year’s appeal, comes from the Gospel story of the resurrected Christ joining two of his followers on the road to Emmaus. As they talked, the followers did not recognize Jesus until, at dinner, Jesus broke bread, gave thanks and started to give the bread to them, reenacting the Last Supper. People today sometimes struggle to recognize Christ among us, much as those early believers did not […]
Easter is a season, not just a day!
What Is Easter? Easter Time is the most important of all liturgical times. Easter is the celebration of the Lord’s Resurrection from the dead, culminating in his Ascension to the Father and sending of the Holy Spirit upon the Church. There are 50 days of Easter from the first Sunday of Easter to Pentecost. It is characterized, above all, by the joy of glorified life and the victory over death, expressed most fully in the great resounding cry of the […]
April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month.
The Diocese of Wilmington has policies, procedures and codes of conduct adults must follow to create a safe environment and protect children. Read the policies and learn how you can help create a culture of protection; learn red flag behaviors and how to report your concerns to authorities. Click here for the Diocese of Wilmington’s For the Sake of God’s Children page. Questions call: Coordinator for Safe Environments 302-295-0668. Learn more from the USCCB, click here.
May 7th is World Day of Prayer for vocations
The purpose of the World Day of Prayer for Vocations is to publically fulfill the Lord’s instruction to, “Pray the Lord of the harvest to send laborers into his harvest” (Mt 9:38; Lk 10:2). As a climax to a prayer that is continually offered throughout the Church, it affirms the primacy of faith and grace in all that concerns vocations to the priesthood and to the consecrated life. While appreciating all vocations, the Church concentrates its attention this day on vocations to […]
In his encyclical Laudato Si, Pope Francis reminds us to care for the earth…our common home.
What can we personally do to care for God’s creation and make our environment better? Looking for ideas? Consider these: • Recycle household paper, cans, glass and plastic • Recycle at your workplace • Conserve water by turning the spigot off while brushing teeth, taking shorter showers, fixing leaky faucets, capturing rainwater to water your plants • Find ways to conserve electricity such as using low energy light bulbs and turning off lights as you leave a room • Use […]