Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- En Camino Hacia El V Encuentro Nacional de Pastoral Hispana/Latina On the road to the V National Encuentro of Hispanic/Latino Ministry
- Advent: Week Two
- Do you think you may have a calling to the priesthood? Come And Seek on Dec. 7th in Salisbury or Jan. 12th in Hockessin
- Bishop Malooly’s Priorities for the future of the Diocese of Wilmington
- Support retired religious on December 10 & 11
- Serviam Girls Academy will be highlighted on the Dec. 11th episode of Catholic Forum.
- Order your Catholic Cemetery Christmas Docorations before Dec. 12th
- 2016 Diocese of Wilmington Medal of Merit Photos
- A Prayer for After an Election
- Join the Catholic Advocacy Network
Advent: Week Two
Advent (from, “ad-venire” in Latin or “to come to”) is the season encompassing the four Sundays (and weekdays) leading up to the celebration of Christmas. The USCCB has many Advent resources, including an interactive Advent calendar, downloadable family Advent calendar, information about Advent wreathes, blessings for wreathes and Christmas trees and more. Click here for the USCCB’s Advent web page. Heidi Saxton discussed her new book, “Advent with Saint Teresa of Calcutta” on the December 4, 2016 edition of Catholic Forum. You can hear […]
Support retired religious on December 10 & 11
Annual Collection Supports Eldercare Needs of Religious Communities The annual Retirement Fund for Religious collection will be held Dec. 10-11 in the Diocese of Wilmington. Coordinated by the National Religious Retirement Office (NRRO), the parish-based appeal benefits nearly 33,000 senior Catholic sisters, brothers and religious order priests whose communities lack adequate retirement savings. The Diocese of Wilmington contributed $163,498.95 to the last collection. In 2016, the Capuchin Poor Clare Nuns, Inc.; Little Sisters of Jesus and Mary; Oblate Sisters of St. […]
A Prayer for After an Election
God of all nations, Father of the human family, we give you thanks for the freedom we exercise and the many blessings of democracy we enjoy in these United States of America. We ask for your protection and guidance for all who devote themselves to the common good, working for justice and peace at home and around the world. We lift up all our duly elected leaders and public servants, those who will serve us as president, as legislators and […]
Together in the Spirit: A Pastoral Vision by Bishop Malooly
“I am optimistic for the future of our Diocese and have great hope that some of the changes that I have outlined will make us stronger, more united, and more sound in our pastoral operations. Let us patiently allow God’s wondrous love for us to empower our Church with the peace that is beyond all understanding, the peace only Christ can give, the remarkable peace that the whole world knew on that first Pentecost day.”