Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- Posada and Christmas and New Year Masses in Spanish schedule announced.
- Catholic Charities provides free shoes to children in need through PAYLESS GIVES™ SHOES 4 KIDS Holiday Giving Program
- Learn about finding Christ in the Old Testament on the Dec. 28th edition ofCatholic Forum.
- New Seasons of Hope sessions for the bereaved begin in Wilmington on Jan. 9th.
- Do you think you may have a calling to the priesthood? Come And Seek on Jan. 14th in Easton.
- Advent is almost over…Christmas is near!
- Let these top 20 Christmas movies get you and your family in the Christmas spirit!
- Help Warm Up Winter for the needy
- St. John Neumann in Berlin, Md., surpasses its ‘Sustaining Hope’ goal
- Fr. Mark Connelly, part-time Associate Pastor at St. Jude the Apostle has died.
Advent is almost over…Christmas is near!
What is (and isn’t) Advent? Learn here in 2 minutes. Beginning the Church’s liturgical year, Advent (from, “ad-venire” in Latin or “to come to”) is the season encompassing the four Sundays (and weekdays) leading up to the celebration of Christmas. The USCCB has many Advent resources, including an interactive Advent calendar, downloadable family Advent calendar, information about Advent wreathes, blessings for wreathes and Christmas trees and more. Click here for the USCCB’s Advent web page. For Bishop Malooly’s Christmas schedule, click here. For […]
Let these top 20 Christmas movies get you and your family in the Christmas spirit!
Browse your TV listings, video on-demand service, or your movie service website to find one of these classic gems and recent favorites to share with your family.
Help Warm Up Winter for the needy
As temperatures start to decline, Catholic Charities is helping our most vulnerable neighbors by collecting new and “gently used” blankets and other bedding, coats, hats, and gloves at each of its office locations through January during our “Warm Up Winter” campaign. Richelle Vible, Executive Director, asks people to be generous. “Please share God’s love during this holiday season with those who seek life’s basic necessities, like warm bedding and clothing. With your support, Catholic Charities will continue working to meet […]
St. John Neumann in Berlin, Md., surpasses its ‘Sustaining Hope’ goal
Another parish has reached its goal in the Sustaining Hope for the Future campaign as total pledges close in on the overall goal of $28 million. As of Monday, the total pledged stood at $27,550,000, according to Deborah Fols, the Diocese of Wilmington’s director of development who oversees the campaign. St. John Neumann in Berlin, Md., is the latest parish to surpass its target. Of the 33 parishes participating in the second wave of the campaign, St. John Neumann is […]
We are One Family Under God! January 4 – 10 is National Migration Week 2015
National Migration Week 2015 will take place January 4 – 10 with the theme, “We are One Family Under God,” which brings to mind the importance of family in our daily lives. This reminder is particularly important when dealing with the migration phenomenon, as family members are too often separated from one another. Please click the photo to find an assortment of resources that can help with your celebration of National Migration Week 2015.