Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- It’s Catholic Schools Week! Celebrate Catholic Schools!
- Gary Zimak, author of the new book “From Fear to Faith” will be the guest on the Feb. 1st edition ofCatholic Forum.
- Join in prayer for World Day of the Sick on Feb. 11th
- Solemn Evening Prayer to observe the World Day of Prayer for Consecrated Life to be held on Feb. 2nd
- Celebrate National Marriage Week February 7-14.
- Do you think you may have a calling to the priesthood? Come And Seek on Feb. 11 or Feb. 26th.
- Next BIC program to be held in Claymont on March 7th register by Feb. 24th. Second session to be held in May in Georgetown.
- Catholic Charities to honor Rocco and Mary Abessinio at Annual Tribute Dinner in April
- Maryland Catholics are invited to Lobby Night in Annapolis on February 16th.
- Help Catholic Charities “Stock the Pantry” in February.
It’s Catholic Schools Week! Celebrate Catholic Schools!
National Catholic Schools Week is the annual celebration of Catholic education in the United States. It starts the last Sunday in January and runs all week, which in 2015 is January 25 – 31. The theme for the National Catholic Schools Week 2015 is “Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service.” Visit a Catholic School in your area. Click here for a listing of Catholic Schools Week Open Houses. Learn more about the Catholic Schools of the Diocese of […]
Solemn Evening Prayer to observe the World Day of Prayer for Consecrated Life to be held on Feb. 2nd
You are invited to join the Most Rev. W. Francis Malooly, DD, Bishop of Wilmington, for Solemn Evening Prayer to observe the World Day of Prayer for Consecrated Life on Monday, February 2, 2015 at St. Joseph on the Brandywine Church beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Celebrate National Marriage Week February 7-14.
National Marriage Week (Feb. 7-14), World Marriage Sunday (Sunday, Feb. 8) and Valentine’s Day (Feb. 14) provide an opportunity to celebrate the gift and blessing of marriage and to affirm and support engaged and married couples. Here are some resources to help: For Your Marriage and Por Tu Matrimonio – A large and varied collection of resources for couples who are married or preparing for marriage can be found in English and Spanish at www.ForYourMarriage.org and www.PorTuMatrimonio.org. Both sites also […]
Maryland Catholics are invited to Lobby Night in Annapolis on February 16th.
Lobby Night is an advocacy event that gives Maryland Catholic voters the opportunity to speak in person with their elected officials about issues. Tell legislators that we all have a duty to serve the poor and vulnerable, build up the common good and respect human life and dignity. Visit the Maryland Catholic Conference Lobby Night website for more information.
Help Catholic Charities “Stock the Pantry” in February.
Participate in Catholic Charities semi-annual “Stock the Pantry” project throughout the month of February! Hunger is present in our communities year-round. Catholic Charities food cooperatives and emergency pantries feed over 3,000 families a year. Each month, we distribute over 23,500 pounds of food, helping our neighbors put 19,600 nutritious meals on their tables. You can support our most vulnerable neighbors by making a donation of non-perishable food items. Drop off canned meats, soups, fruits, and vegetables; boxes of pasta, cereal, […]