As temperatures start to decline, Catholic Charities is preparing to Warm Up Winter for its most vulnerable neighbors by collecting new and “gently used” coats, hats, gloves, blankets, and other bedding at each of its service locations throughout the months of November, December and January.
Catholic Charities will freely distribute Warm Up Winter donations through various programs, such as its food assistance programs at the Thrift Center in Wilmington, Casa San Francisco in Milton, Seton Center in Princess Anne, and the Dover Office; its diocese-wide Basic Needs program; and its food program for children in licensed day cares. All donated blankets and bedding, coats, and other clothing items should be clean, in good condition, and ready to use. Keep in mind that Catholic Charities staff cannot clean, mend, or repair items, and merchandise not fit for distribution must be discarded at Catholic Charities expense.
Donors can bring their coats and blankets to any of the following Catholic Charities locations and receive a tax deduction receipt. Staff at all locations will accept donations between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Main Office, 2601 W 4th Street, Wilmington 19805, 302-655-9624
- Bayard House, 300 Bayard Avenue, Wilmington 19805, 302-654-1184
- Thrift Store, 1320 E. 23rd Street, Wilmington 19802, 302-764-2717
- Marydale Retirement Village, 135 Jeandell Drive, Newark 19713, 302-368-2784
- Kent County Office, 2099 S DuPont Highway, Dover 19901, 302-674-1600
- Sussex County Office, 406 S. Bedford Avenue, Suite 9, Georgetown 19947, 302-856-9578
- Casa San Francisco, 127 Broad Street, Milford 19968, 302-684-8694
- Seton Center, 30632 Hampden Avenue, Princess Anne 21853, 410-651-9608
Civic groups, churches, and community-minded neighbors are all encouraged to conduct their own Warm Up Winter Drive. Catholic Charities will assist any group that would like to help the most vulnerable during the cold weather with a donation pick-up. Contact the nearest Catholic Charities office to make arrangements.
Catholic Charities also accepts household items, working appliances, and mattresses. Furniture, large appliances, and large donations can be scheduled for pick-up by calling 302-764-2717. Cars and other vehicle donations can be made by calling 1-844-940-GIVE (1-844-940-4483) or by clicking here.