Director of Religious Education
St. Mary of the Assumption in Hockessin, DE is seeking a full-time Director of Religious Education to develop, implement and evaluate all formal Religious Education. There are 600 students in grades K-8. The Director is responsible for recruiting, orienting and training Catechists and coordinating the parish sacramental preparation programs. The DRE also oversees Children’s Liturgy of the Word and works collaboratively with Adult Faith Formation initiatives.
Minimum required qualifications will include:
- Practicing Catholic in good standing committed to the authentic teachings of the Catholic Faith.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and knowledge, skills, and abilities normally obtained through three years of parish experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Mail cover letter and resume to:
Reverend Charles C. Dillingham
St. Mary of the Assumption
7200 Lancaster Pike
Hockessin, DE 19707
DEADLINE TO APPLY: JUNE 22, 2018
Family Services Representative
Catholic Cemeteries, Inc. is seeking a full-time professional to provide services at All Saints Cemetery to families of deceased. Responsibilities include:
- Seeking referrals as well as promoting the cemetery to expand the customer base.
- Meeting with families who have experience a recent death and providing available options.
- Handling pre-need sales and immediate need walk in customers.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- College degree preferred.
- Familiarity with soft sales techniques.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven ability to address customer needs and provide excellent customer service.
To apply, email resume and letter of interest to [email protected] Please reference Family Service Rep in the subject line. No telephone calls will be accepted. EOE Application deadline: June 27, 2018
Admission Specialist for Middle & Upper Schools
Ursuline Academy is seeking a full time Admission Specialist. The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Director of Enrollment Management to maintain healthy enrollment at Ursuline Academy for the Middle and Upper Schools. Program responsibilities include coordination and support of the Admissions Office, implementation and support of Admissions software, as well as ongoing communication with faculty, guidance counselors, and feeder school communities. Please go to www.ursuline.org (Career Opportunities) for the full position description. Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Upper School Principal at Ursuline Academy Ursuline Academy is seeking an Upper School Principal who will assume leadership on July 1, 2018. We seek a visionary educator whose leadership will ensure excellence in our academic program, and who will promote the mission and values of the school. S/he is responsible for ensuring that the Upper School is a challenging and supportive environment that emphasizes scholarship, leadership, citizenship, and service, as well as high standards of character. The Principal oversees curricular and co-curricular programs related to the operation of the Upper School, and collaborates with the Leadership Team on long-term strategic planning and mission delivery. We seek a leader who has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, a strong commitment to excellence in education, and can lead an outstanding faculty in an inclusive and progressive way. It is an exciting time to join the school as it is in the process of planning a very dynamic future. The Upper School Principal reports directly to the President. Professional Qualities & Qualifications The next Principal for Ursuline Academy is a student-focused, visionary leader with experience in secondary independent school administration. In addition to being a skillful manager and strategic thinker, this successful candidate will have a background and skill-set in the following areas:
- A passion for the education of young women
- Outstanding communications and relational skills in order to connect and communicate effectively and frequently with faculty, staff, administration, parents, and students
- Understanding of program design, curriculum development, and co-curricular programs (including College Guidance and Athletics) at the Upper School level
- Joyful and collaborative servant leadership combined with a sense of urgency and track record of exceptional results in a mission-critical environment
- Ability to work collectively with the Director of Teaching and Learning as well as department chairs to hire and develop an outstanding faculty and staff
- Master’s degree or doctorate required
- Practicing Catholic with a strong commitment to Catholic education
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit the following materials
- Cover letter expressing interest in the leadership position and alignment of your experiences with the leadership needs of Ursuline Academy
- Current resume
- Brief statement of educational or leadership philosophy and practice
- List of three references with name, phone number, and email address
(References will not be contacted until a mutual interest is established and only with the candidate’s permission) Please send all application materials under one cover to: [email protected]