The new movie Son of God is now showing in theaters nationwide. This feature length film tells the story of Jesus from his birth to his Resurrection in a compelling and inviting presentation. The movie is derived from the History Channel miniseries The Bible which was viewed by an estimated 100 million people last year. It is hoped that Son of God might touch peoples’ minds and hearts with the story of Jesus and bring alive the Gospel in a way that helps envision what those who lived at the time of Jesus might have experienced. To help make this movie a catechetical event, materials and catechetical aids have been prepared by the Archdiocese of Washington. These include excerpts from the movie, explanations of the faith content and different discussion questions. They are all available for your use by accessing the Archdiocesan website, here. Please consider these for your use in your parish religious education programs, religion classes in schools or any faith formation opportunities. Or use them with your family before or after you go to see Son of God in the theater. The ultimate hope is that after seeing Son of God, you will be drawn to rediscover the Gospel account and rejoice in its saving message! Get Son of God Catholic resources including a study guide. Click here. Youth Ministry Action Plan. Catholic Education Action Plan. Hispanic Ministry Action Plan. Free Son of God Rosary Guide.
Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, March 5th
- Save transportation stipends for Catholic school families.
- ‘Open Your Heart to Christ’ in Annual Catholic Appeal
- Son of God now showing at a theater near you.
- Author, Patricia Treece, discusses the lives of Blessed John XXIII and John Paul II on the March 2nd edition of Catholic Forum.
- Free online memorials now available to Catholic Cemetery families.
- Join the Maryland March for Life on March 10th in Annapolis.
- Next BIC program to be held in Milford on April 5th; register by March 24th.
- Are you being called to the Priesthood? Come And Seek on March 27th
- Weather-Related School Closings