The following positions are currently open:
Archdiocese of Baltimore
The men and women employed by the Archdiocese of Baltimore are dedicated professionals who endeavor to support the mission of the Archdiocese in many diverse areas including spiritual ministry, formation, social work, education and administrative services. We are seeking to add committed and dedicated professionals to our team. If you love the mission of the Catholic Church and seek to make a difference, a role at the Archdiocese of Baltimore (or at one of our affiliates) may be right for you!
Associate to the Vicar Bishop
We are currently seeking an Associate to the Vicar Bishop. The primary responsibility for this position is to assist the Bishop in fulfilling his pastoral and administrative responsibilities to the Archbishop and to the clergy, religious and laity of the vicariate. In this role, you will encourage collegiality, communication, and collaboration at all levels and advocate for personnel in the vicariate.
The ideal candidate will serve a variety of functions, including, but not limited to:
- Assisting the Vicar in the service to parishes and institutions by developing and implementing, with the Bishop, a schedule and process for pastoral visits
- Providing staff services to the Vicar at area clergy meetings and to represent him in his absence
- Initiating and coordinating the budgeting, programming, and evaluating activities of the Office of the Vicar
- Assisting in conflict management and resolution for parish-related concerns as directed by the Vicar
- Other duties as assigned by the Vicar
Additional Information: The Archdiocese of Baltimore is committed to creating an environment that encourages and rewards excellence, providing a range of benefits that includes: competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits, paid vacation, 403(b) plan
the Archdiocese is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All are encouraged to apply. To apply for this position, please send resume to: [email protected]
Coordinator of Sacramental Formation
The men and women employed by the Archdiocese of Baltimore are dedicated professionals who endeavor to support the mission of the Archdiocese in many diverse areas including spiritual ministry, formation, social work, education and administrative services. We are seeking to add committed and dedicated professionals to our team. If you love the mission of the Catholic Church and seek to make a difference, a role at the Archdiocese of Baltimore may be right for you!
The Archdiocese is actively seeking candidates for the role of Coordinator of Sacramental Formation. In this Department of Evangelization role, you will serve as a primary resource regarding the liturgical and sacramental life of the Church. Working with the Director of Worship, you will foster the “missionary conversion” (Pope Francis, The Joy of the Gospel) of parish-based sacramental formation. Within this role, you will work with parishes to provide sacramental catechesis for Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist, Reconciliation, and Anointing of the Sick. Lastly, you’ll be a much needed resource for parish leadership on the Rite of Initiation of Adults.
You are a great candidate if you:
- Possess a Master’s degree in sacramental theology or a related field
- Are a person with demonstrated fidelity to Catholic teaching and have a mature understanding of the Church’s sacramental teachings and theology
- Have a proven ability to implement sacramental formation programs and possess experience in and understanding of sacramental catechesis
- Have experience and understanding of the RCIA, including adaptation for children and other special circumstances
- Have at least three years of experience in sacramental and /or catechetical ministry
- Are fluent in Spanish, preferably
If you believe that you possess the skills, talent and aptitude to be a part of this vital ministry, come join our team! In addition to our many benefits such as health insurance and a flexible work schedule, we offer a welcoming environment where Christ is central in all that we do!
To apply for this position, please send resume to: [email protected]
DIRECTOR OF HISPANIC MINISTRY
The man and women employed by the Archdiocese of Baltimore are dedicated professionals who endeavor to support the mission of the Archdiocese in many diverse areas including spiritual ministry, formation, social work, education and administrative services.
We are seeking to add committed and dedicated professionals to our team. If you love the mission of the Catholic Church and seek to make a difference, a role at the Archdiocese of Baltimore may be right for you!
We are currently seeking a Director of Hispanic Ministry to oversee and support all areas of Hispanic ministry in the Archdiocese of Baltimore. In this role, your primary responsibility is to develop, communicate, and implement a comprehensive strategy to support evangelization and the pastoral needs of the culturally diverse and rapidly growing communities of Spanish-speaking Catholics throughout the Archdiocese. Always “mission-focused”, Hispanic ministry includes: supporting effective evangelization, compelling faith formation, comprehensive pastoral care, and in all things, well-discerned enculturation that fosters unity in diversity. The Director serves as a liaison between the Hispanic community and the Archbishop, Vicar Bishops, and Executive Director of Evangelization, keeping them informed on key issues, concerns, and trends affecting Hispanic Catholics and those they seek to evangelize and serve.
To be considered “best qualified” for this position, you should possess a Master’s Degree in Theology, Pastoral Studies or closely related field and have a minimum of five years of experience in diocesan ministry. At least ten years of experience working with the Hispanic Catholic community is needed to be successful in this role.
Additionally, you must be a Catholic in good standing with the Church and maintain that standing throughout employment, possess complete fluency in Spanish and possess demonstrated skills as a servant leader in crafting and implementing a mission, vision, and strategies.
If you believe that you are qualified, apply now! We offer a host of benefits such as a flexible work schedule, health and dental insurance, and paid leave. Come put your faith to work at the Archdiocese of Baltimore!
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME TO [email protected]
Part Time Director of Music
St. Jude’s Catholic Church
URL: www: stjudelewes.org
St. Jude’s Catholic Church, 152 Tulip Drive, Lewes, DE 19958 seeks a Director of Music. The Director of Music is a part time, 20 hours per week position responsible for administering and producing the music ministry program at St. Jude’s. This individual will report to the Pastor. The ideal candidate will be skilled as an accomplished organist, choral musician, director and administrator responsible for directing and overseeing the adult choir, cantors and general administration of the overall program.
- Coordinate all musicians and ensure quality of musical performance during masses at which these people minister.
- The Director of Music will be responsible for planning and executing the music at all weekend liturgies, as well as special celebrations (listed below):The regular liturgical celebrations this year include:
- Eucharistic celebrations on 52 weekends (3-4 per weekend); Memorial Daythru Labor Day two additional services during the summer months. Ash Wednesday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil; the holy days of obligation; the parish secular feasts, Christmas, Thanksgiving and All Souls Day.
- Communal sacramental celebrations of Confirmation, Reconciliation, First Communion; Prayer Services as appropriate
- Weddings and funerals, both for additional stipend fees above and beyond the agreed-upon salary.
- Weekly rehearsals with Choir, September through May/June (currently 7:00-8:45pm)
- Monthly (or more frequent) rehearsals with parish Cantors.
- Scheduling Cantors on a rotating basis.
- Designing and printing weekly worship aids when necessary
- Recruit, arrange, and coordinate special volunteer or paid musicians for Christmas and Holy Week/Easter Celebrations, as well as conduct rehearsals.
- Ensuring all copyright licensing and usage reporting to the major music publishers (GIA, OCP, CCLI, and WLP).
- Maintain and expand current Choral Music Library.
- Serve as resource on musical and liturgical matters for all staff and volunteer ministers in the parish.
- Collaborates with the Business Manager on preparation and implementation of the Music & Liturgy budgets.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary by the pastor.
Compensation: $26,000-$36,000 based on degree/experience and AGO Guidelines. To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Lou Ann Sullivan at [email protected] by December 31, 2016