The following positions are currently open:
CLINICAL WORKER II
The Diocese of Wilmington Catholic Charities Behavioral Health Services is seeking a full time, master’s level clinician, licensed to practice in Delaware and able to bill public and commercial insurances, to work in the Dover office. Bi-lingual preferred. CADC or CCDP preferred. This person will provide routine outpatient therapy for mental health and co-occurring disorders, case management, and support services to couples, groups, families and individuals, including children and adolescents.
Primary duties are:
- Evaluates and assigns appropriate multi-axial DSM V classification.
- Provides psychotherapy for a variety or multiple issues such as mental health disorders, addiction, disability, employment needs, school problems, trauma, as required.
- Offers group therapy including recovery, co-dependency, parenting, anger management and domestic violence as needed.
- Consults on community-based program cases. Provides coverage for an extended absence of a team clinician or vacancy.
- Contributes in case review and other staff meetings for both routine outpatient and community-based programs.
- Completes all reports and records as required in a timely manner.
- Coordinates initial and ongoing contact with medical insurance and managed care companies. Continues communication and maintains relationships with network providers.
- Conducts assessments and intake sessions, completes the write-up and presents the information at a staffing.
- Generates effective referrals as necessary.
- Offers community outreach, education and consultation as directed.
- Presents workshops and training sessions for staff and others in the community.
- Participates in continuing education.
- Sustains a standard of 70% of available time in direct service (face-to-face) activity.
- Shares in on-call 24-hour emergency services on rotation with other clinicians.
- Serves on committees when assigned.
- Master’s degree in a Behavioral Health Care Discipline recognized for licensing by the State of Delaware.
- Two years post master’s experience with mental health treatment.
- License required.
- Experience with children required.
- Adherence to code of ethics associated with the certifications and licensure.
- Maintain confidential/sensitive materials and information.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a variety of therapeutic techniques used to address depression, anxiety, addiction, substance abuse, suicidal impulses, stress, trauma, low self-esteem, grief, job
- concerns and relationship problems.
- Ability to work closely with psychiatrists, psychologist, social workers and school counselors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible.
The Diocese of Wilmington Catholic Charities’ is seeking an Executive Assistant to work in the Wilmington office of Catholic Charities for the Executive Director and the Executive offices. Catholic Charities directs and coordinates the charitable and social service programs of the Catholic Diocese of Wilmington throughout Delaware and the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
Primary duties are:
- Maintains security of corporate files, contracts, leases and corporate seals.
- Prepares for, attends, records and transcribes minutes of board meetings and executive meetings.
- Gathers information for reports, evaluations and planning documents.
- Composes routine correspondence, compiles board notices, reports, and prepares applications, surveys, acknowledgements and other documents as needed.
- Makes appointments, schedules daily, weekly, monthly and annual calendars of meetings and events.
- Greets visitors, handles calls, mail and e-mail.
- Arranges travel and hotel reservations.
- Assists in planning and attends community events.
- Schedules, hosts and conducts interviews for the radio program “Lifestyle” presented on WSTW Broadcasting Station.
- Serves as Volunteer Coordinator for Catholic Charities.
- Directs feedback, complaints and inquiries to the proper staff member.
- Works with the Program Managers and supports the programs of Catholic Charities.
- Associates degree or certification in secretarial/business school plus five to seven years of experience (preferred) or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Proven communication skills, with superiority in shorthand, spelling and grammar.
- Demonstrated knowledge/use of a variety of software programs such as Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel including spreadsheet creation, database usage and composing original correspondence, reports, etc.
- Possess strong organizational and office management abilities.
- Competence in office practices such as: filing, proofreading, formatting, basic bookkeeping and fiscal management
- Proficient in use of office equipment such as computers, fax, copiers, scanners, video conferencing and multi-line telephone systems a must.
- Abide by requirements of absolute confidentiality.
- An understanding of and a commitment to the mission of the Diocese of Wilmington.Work schedule is generally 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday.The Diocese offers an excellent benefit package which includes health/dental insurance, 403 (b), LTD, FSA, Credit Union, Blood Bank, voluntary group life, accident, cancer and hospital confinement insurance, vacation, sick/personal days and holidays. Free parking. For more information or to apply, see our posting on www.CareerBuilder.com. Visit our website at www.cdow.org
PROGRAM MANAGER OF THE EASTERN SHORE SOCIAL SERVICES
The Diocese of Wilmington/Catholic Charities is seeking a Program Manager for the Eastern Shore Social Services located in Princess Anne, Maryland. The position provides program leadership and oversight to various programs such as: financial coaching and case management services, financial assistance for rent, mortgage, utility payments, behavioral health services, a food cooperative for qualified households, emergency food pantry, immigration services, information and referral services and a thrift store. The primary responsibilities are:
- Provide supervision and oversight management of the community center including the outreach components, staff and volunteers.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with agencies and organizations in the community to promote Catholic Charities.
- Conducts staff meetings.
- Plans, monitors and evaluates reports, budgets and CQI.
- Maintains and ensures clients’ records and program records are accurate and current.
- Manages the facility to make sure the building and safety systems are operational and maintained.
- Communicates and collaborates with senior management and other programs of Catholic Charities.
- Meets program goals and objectives set by the organization.
Candidate must possess:
- A master’s degree in Health or Social Service.
- At least 5 years management and supervisory experience in social services.
- Cross cultural competency required.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Able to use analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
- Valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record required.
For more information or to apply, see our posting on www.CareerBuilder.com
SUSSEX SERVICES MANAGER
The Diocese of Wilmington Catholic Charities is seeking an individual to provide overall management for human services in Sussex County including Casa San Francisco, a 12 bed facility that serves as an adult homeless shelter, an emergency food pantry, a brown bag food cooperative and provides emergency financial assistance located in Milton, Delaware and Catholic Charities Georgetown office in Delaware. The primary responsibilities are:
- Managing the staff, volunteers and clients at the 24-hour adult shelter.
- Develop and monitor annual program plan and budget.
- Recruit, train and develop staff and volunteers.
- Maintain program, client and staff records, and ensure contractual obligations are met.
- Masters in Sociology, Psychology or Human Services preferred or BS in related field required.
- Three to five years of direct supervisory experience in human services management and shelter/residential experience essential.
- Ability to supervise; work with low income, diverse clients, knowledge of community resources and strong personal standards required.
- Valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record a must.
Work schedule is 37.5 hours per week. Flexible hours required with supervision of overnight and weekend staff.
The Diocese offers an excellent benefit package which includes health/dental insurance, 403 (b), LTD, FSA, voluntary group life, accident, cancer and hospital confinement insurance, vacation, sick/personal days and holidays. Free parking.
To apply send your resume to [email protected]
PART-TIME BASIC NEEDS CASE MANAGER
The Diocese of Wilmington/Catholic Charities seeks 1 Part-time Basic Needs Case Manager (21 hours per week) to work at Seton Center/Community Center in Princess Anne, Maryland which provides multiple social service programs.
Primary duties are:
- Provides direct service and case management to individuals requesting financial assistance
- Make available financial self-sufficiency information, including providing referrals to other community resources.
- Interviews clients, data enters, performs calculations and gathers required information.
- Determines eligibility of clients and maintains client records.
- Prepare financial vouchers and obtain approval.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related fields with a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, possess good communication and organizational skills and must be flexible.
- Good organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and software.
- Bilingual preferred.
To apply send resumes to [email protected]
FULLTIME DIRECT SERVICE SPECIALIST
The Diocese of Wilmington/Catholic Charities is seeking a Fulltime Direct Service Specialist for Bayard House, a community based maternity home for teenage girls and women within the city of Wilmington.
- Assisting in providing and facilitating social services for clients.
- Plan training and activities for individuals and the group in parenting skills
- Provide support, structure, stability, transportation, monitor progress
- Supervise daily activities of the residents.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 15 hours of training in early childhood development
- Experience with pregnant/parenting teenage girls, children and women preferred
This is a fulltime 37.5 hours per week position.
The Diocese offers an excellent benefit package which includes health/dental insurance, 403 (b), LTD, FSA, voluntary group life, accident, cancer and hospital confinement insurance, vacation, sick/personal days and holidays. Free parking. To apply send your resume to [email protected]
PART-TIME GENERAL MAINTENANCE
The Diocese of Wilmington/Catholic Charities is seeking a part-time General Maintenance worker to maintain the buildings, grounds and vehicles in Kent and Sussex Counties in Delaware and Somerset County, Maryland. Catholic Charities directs and coordinates the charitable and social services programs of the Catholic Diocese of Wilmington. Flexible work schedule of 21 hours per week. The primary responsibilities are:
- Maintain and repair machines, mechanical equipment, buildings and grounds.
- General cleaning and upkeep of buildings and properties
- Inspect and diagnose problems and decide the best way to correct them.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance.
- Assemble and set up machinery or equipment.
- Recognize when a job is above their skill level requiring the expertise of a licensed tradesperson and meet with them to obtain estimates for repairs/costs.
- Order supplies or purchase supplies from distributors/stores.
- Ability and knowledge to operate common hand and power tools to repair equipment and parts of buildings.
- Keep detailed maintenance records and provide reports as required.
Physical requirements include stand for long periods, lift and carry heavy objects, climb, reach, work indoors and outdoors and be on call for emergency repairs.
Candidates must possess:
- A high school diploma, or equivalent; or trade school graduate with knowledge of preventative building, vehicle and grounds maintenance.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in building and mechanical maintenance and repair, which shall have included 1-2 years experience in repairs to heating, ventilation or other mechanical building equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of repairing structures, operating light equipment, carpentry, painting an understanding of electrical systems and the ability to economize.
- Dependable, trustworthy, hard-working and able to follow directions well.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to stay on schedule with good organizational and time management skills.
- Valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record required.
To apply send your resume to [email protected].
PART-TIME SHELTER STAFF
Diocese of Wilmington/Catholic Charities seeks Part-time Shelter Staff (up to 19 hours a week) at Casa San Francisco located in Milton, Delaware. The normal work schedule of 3 days of 6 hour shifts that varies – Monday, Tuesday 4p.m.-10 p.m., and Saturday 8 a.m.-2p.m. or Wednesday, Thursday 4 p.m.-10 p.m., Saturday 6 a.m.-Noon. Flexibility is critical. Ability to provide evening, weekend and holiday coverage. Skills that are preferred – social service experience, flexibility with overnight availability, able to cook and have experience with mental health, substance abuse and re-entry. Responsibilities include; oversight of shelter residents, maintenance of building security, meal preparation, kitchen oversight, assurance of building cleanliness and handling shelter telephone calls. High School Diploma or equivalent. One year experience, including shelter/homeless experience or its equivalent is preferred. Communication skills, ability to problem solve, handle emergencies, and ability to supervise and interact well with a diverse client population. EOE. To apply see our posting on www.CareerBuilder.com